…this is the first zine i put together. it was up for sale on this blog about a month ago and sold out after a few hours. i printed only 25 of them, and here is the last copy of it. 20 pages, 18 photos of bands/artists that i took throughout last year, full color, artwork and handstyle by Juan Gabe, and also included is 2 limited stickers also drawn by Juan.
i am giving away 1 FREE copy of this zine TODAY.
to enter this giveaway: REBLOG THIS POST ON YOUR BLOG.
if you are working with blogspot or any other blog/website, repost it on there and email me the link: email@example.com
after 24 hours, i will randomly choose 1 person who reblogged this post and send you this zine for FREEEEEEEEEEEE. and i will ship internationally.
Okay, So I have offically finished my animation, and I am really pleased with how it turned out. I like the style and simplicity of the drawings done and really feel i have succeeded in what i set out to do. On the other hand, there were some things i could definitely improve on and change around. My “jump sequence” in the middle of the animation was an on the spot decision which i think was potentially a bad decision. It doesn’t really tie in with the animation as much as i thought it would do and perhaps looks a little silly. I also feel i lacked in time management skills, leaving my filming of the video till last minute as i did hit a few minor snags in the filming process, and didn’t then really have a decent enough amount of time to fix these problems. Doing my filming very close to deadline really opened my eyes about how much effort needs to go in to animating and i feel this is something i am definitely going to keep in mind with future projects. As this is my first ever, full animation, i feel like i have done a good job, and am proud of myself with the outcome. This projects really made me realise my potential as an animator and has very much, geared me on to delve further in to the course and really go for it. If i could take this project further, I would begin to record the sound of the bell inside the doll and edit it in to my animation along with some more sound effects. I would then maybe start thinking about the addition of maybe a bit more detail in black and white. Or perhaps some colour. Overall, I have found this project a challenging one, but thoroughly enjoyed playing around with the character. It has definitely taught me a lot of skills i can take on into further work hopefully put them into good use.
This is my story board. I decided to go against the entire animation being from the point of view of the doll as i feel that i may be setting myself too much of a challenge for my first ever proper animation. I may try this in future project if a similar project arises.
I saw this image earlier on in the week and decided to create my set in the same style. I thought it would be easier to have my character (the doll) on a still background image and keep just the main character moving.
Bit of artist research coming at you!! This is an illustration company called “Lined with Ghosts” I love their use of line drawing to create different textures. The are best known for designing album artwork for such bands as Rolo Tomassi, I Was A Cub Scout and Three Trapped Tigers. They do more but i don’t want to bore with the list. I discovered their stuff from the band Rolo Tomassi and have really fallen in love with their style. I’m going to test this style with some observational drawings tonight after uni. If these drawings prove successful, i will use them in my animation.
This is a scratch idea just to test the whole rocking situation. I have obviously replaced the sketched background with photos, but that’s only to test with. The way i will do the background for the final video is with photographs that i will then draw in my own style afterwards. I think it looks quite good… With the sketchy look to it in the background it will look more complete and together. I think the thing i need to improve on is take more photos in-between photos to make the back and forth movement a bit more smooth and flow nicer. And more obviously animate it on the Rostrum.