Okay, So I have offically finished my animation, and I am really pleased with how it turned out.
I like the style and simplicity of the drawings done and really feel i have succeeded in what i set out to do.
On the other hand, there were some things i could definitely improve on and change around. My “jump sequence” in the middle of the animation was an on the spot decision which i think was potentially a bad decision. It doesn’t really tie in with the animation as much as i thought it would do and perhaps looks a little silly. I also feel i lacked in time management skills, leaving my filming of the video till last minute as i did hit a few minor snags in the filming process, and didn’t then really have a decent enough amount of time to fix these problems. Doing my filming very close to deadline really opened my eyes about how much effort needs to go in to animating and i feel this is something i am definitely going to keep in mind with future projects. As this is my first ever, full animation, i feel like i have done a good job, and am proud of myself with the outcome. This projects really made me realise my potential as an animator and has very much, geared me on to delve further in to the course and really go for it.
If i could take this project further, I would begin to record the sound of the bell inside the doll and edit it in to my animation along with some more sound effects. I would then maybe start thinking about the addition of maybe a bit more detail in black and white. Or perhaps some colour.
Overall, I have found this project a challenging one, but thoroughly enjoyed playing around with the character. It has definitely taught me a lot of skills i can take on into further work hopefully put them into good use.